The farmhouse-style home was around long before HGTV’s Fixer Upper, but the show has helped to breathe new life into its traditional form. Though the style may bring to mind a rustic setting, a modern farmhouse is like a pair of cowboy boots—done right, it’s perfect for any location.
As custom home builders in Austin Texas, we love co-creating these naturally beautiful houses with our clients. Whether they are in the heart of the city, out in the Hill Country, or on the shores of one of the Highland Lakes, farmhouse style houses have a laid-back charm that will make you feel right at home.
WHAT IS A FARMHOUSE STYLE HOME?
Whether you’re going with a modern farmhouse or a more traditional take, your home will likely have a few tried-and-true elements. Farmhouses are usually two stories, with the more formal living room or family room toward the front and informal spaces like the kitchen and stairway to the upper-floor bedrooms at the back of the home. The exterior of a farmhouse features a steeply pitched roof, often with dormer windows that face the front of the house. Long covered porches with plenty of room for rocking chairs and a porch swing is another telling element of farmhouse style. Other farmhouse features frequently used for custom homes in Austin include:
- Large eat-in kitchens with a center island. Kitchens often have an apron sink and open shelving or glass window cabinetry.
- Vaulted ceilings in the living room, commonly using exposed wooden beams. These rooms may also have rustic light fixtures or a central chandelier using a wagon wheel or antlers to give the room a cozy, country feel.
- Oversized doorways and windows that create spaciousness. Modern farmhouses may use white or light-colored shiplap walls or sliding barn doors to add to the openness of the layout.
When you build with Mangum, the farmhouse elements that you keep or spin your own way are completely up to you. The beauty of working with an Austin custom home builder is that you get to realize your personal vision of the Central Texas farmhouse.
WHY CHOOSE MANGUM BUILDERS FOR YOUR FARMHOUSE STYLE HOME?
At Mangum Builders, our team has collected more than seventy years of home construction experience. We go above and beyond to work with the best home professionals in the Austin area to ensure that your farmhouse will live up to your expectations.
In addition, As custom home builders in Austin Texas, and beyond, our diverse areas of expertise make us especially suited to help your entire property fit your dreams of Texas farm life, such as:
- Using green and sustainable building materials, such as structural steel and ICF, to ensure that your home is both energy-efficient and weather-resistant
- Building and installing rain collection tanks, geothermal, wind and solar energy systems to help you achieve your alternate energy goals
- Farmhouse remodels or renovations that preserve historic details while adding modern conveniences
- Grading and developing driveway or waterfront access for your property
- Constructing fences or other farm buildings on your land
As your Austin custom home construction professionals, we make it our business to build your luxury high-end farmhouse just the way you wish. Contact us to bring your farmhouse dreams to life!
BREAK GROUND ON YOUR DREAMS.
Greg is here to help you create the home you have always wanted.Contact Us
Our team has created documents to help you plan your dream home and construction project!
Click on the following links below to download:
“As leaders in the field of home building, we get chosen for what we know, how long we have been building and for our integrity and enthusiasm in what we do. There are a lot of choices available to our customers and we respect their ideas, their values and their desires. Building the house is only part of what we do, we also build relationships.”